Live from #HIMSS15: How native VNA reduces your stress
This week at HIMSS15, I attended a session that really resonated with me. It was delivered, in part, by a customer who recently completed a vendor neutral archive (VNA) deployment.
The session started with “the seven stages of deploying a VNA.” If you’re familiar with the seven stages of grief, you’re thinking along the right lines.
Because they struck such a chord with me, I thought I would share the seven stages with you. Do they look familiar?
1. Inexperience: Not understanding exactly what needs to be in your request for proposals (RFP).
2. Frustration: The RFPs you receive don’t deliver what you’re looking for.
3. Confusion: How do we move forward? Are we doing the right thing?
4. Overwhelmed: It’s time to wade through the RFPs for the “perfect solution.”
5. Frightened: You signed a contract, now you learn about the reality of the solution.
6. Hopeful: We’re all on the same page and it seems like this will work.
7. Success: After all of the stress, we’ve made it!
A simpler way
Listening to this customer describe its experiences, I can’t help but feel awful. With the release of our new VNA solution, we could have made this entire process much easier.
Instead of looking for a new, trustworthy vendor, our customers can simply expand their existing OnBase solutions to include DICOM content across their enterprises. Not only can they consolidate that content into a central repository with the rest of their organization’s content, they can also take advantage of powerful tools like workflow and case management.
We’ve had numerous conversations with analysts, customers and the media and the response has been consistent – excitement and relief. Because we’ve built a simple way to provide a complete patient record and improve patient experiences. And it’s simple to see how VNA solutions easily fit into the clinical content strategy of any organization.
Before you embark on your VNA journey and subsequently call a therapist, give us a call first. Chances are, we might be able to help you avoid multiple, 30-minute sessions on the couch. Better yet, we’ll lower the cost of healthcare for both you and your organization.
Oh, the #HIMSSanity.