Curious about case management? We’ve got you covered at #CommunityLIVE
If you’re joining us in Orlando next week for our annual end user conference, CommunityLIVE, you’re going to see a whole lotta love for case management.
While our past several conferences have included case management sessions – exploring the way you can use technology to empower knowledge workers and manage unstructured, unpredictable work – this year we’re really putting it in the spotlight, with an entire track dedicated to all things case management. During more than 16 different sessions, attendees will have the chance to get a healthy dose of OnBase case management capabilities, use cases and success stories.
Why all the buzz?
Every year, the number and type of case management solutions that our customers are deploying grows – and we’re consistently impressed by the amazing (and at times, award-winning) things they’re accomplishing. We want to celebrate those accomplishments, share best practices and equip the entire community of OnBase users to take advantage of the case management capabilities of the OnBase platform.
4 case management topics
What kind of case management coverage can attendees expect? Next week we’ll be talking about four major topics:
1. Dispelling some common misconceptions
A common misconception exists that case management only has a play in certain industries like legal and social services, where it undeniably has long-time roots. However, over the past few years, case management software capabilities have provided value for a range of solutions across every industry and many types of work that are often unstructured and unpredictable – from contract management, to HR onboarding, to claims processing, to compliance tracking.
2. Identifying case management opportunities
When discerning whether case management capabilities would be a good fit for a certain business problem, organizations can look for some tell-tale signs, such as:
- A need to gather, organize and coordinate information, data and documents
- A need for ongoing tracking, evaluation, assessment and review
- A need for a knowledge worker to make decisions and changes on-the-fly
- A need for collaboration
- A need to manage compliance and be prepared for internal/external audits
All these requirements point to a case management approach.
3. Understanding the critical capabilities
Knowing the full potential of any tool is key to success, and OnBase for case management is no different. There are several key technology capabilities that all case management solutions can benefit from. These include:
- Task and activity management: Case management is all about knowledge workers – so their ability to effective organize, prioritize and complete tasks is key. This includes helpful notifications and reminders, and the ability to manage cases from their familiar email inboxes.
- Customized user interface: A case management interface should provide a 360-degree view of all the data, documents and processes that workers need to make decisions – in context and when they need it. And the view should be different for different user roles.
- Content management: All cases and case-related decisions rely on critical content in some way, shape or form. To facilitate access, organizations should be able to manage that information as part of the case itself, rather than scattering it across paper files, email inboxes and network file folders.
- Business rules and automation: Though cases by nature are unstructured and don’t always follow a predictable path, you can automate certain elements to improve knowledge worker experience and support compliance. This includes things like routing cases for approval and stopping cases from moving forward if they’re missing required information.
- Visibility and reporting: Better visibility into case-driven work is one of the most lauded benefits of a successful case management solution. Capabilities like built-in reporting dashboards and a full audit trail of changes and interactions deliver big value.
4. Learning – from fellow OnBase champions, Hyland experts and hands-on experience
It’s right there in the conference name: CommunityLIVE is all about the community of OnBase users, Hyland employees and partners coming together to learn, connect and collaborate – and of course have a little fun along the way. Attendees will get a chance to hear from OnBase champions across industries during a case management customer panel and through other customer success stories throughout the week.
A sample of our case management agenda
To find all the case management sessions, download a PDF of the full agenda. In the meantime, here are just a few highlights of our plethora of case management sessions next week:
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Sun A: Customer Case Management Panel
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Sun 3&4: OnBase 201: Getting Started with Case Management
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Sun A: Solutions for Effective Process Control
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Sun A: A Case-based Approach to Contract Management
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m. Sun A: 31 WorkView Apps & Counting: How Case Management Has Changed the Game at Hyland
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m., Sun D: OnBase 201: Getting Started with Case Management
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m., Sun D: WorkView | Case Manager as a Rapid App Development Platform
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Sun 3 & 4: HR 201: Case Management Opportunities in Human Resources
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Sun D: A Case-Based Approach to Supplier (Vendor) Management
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., Sun D: A Case-Based Approach to Complaint Management
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:15 p.m., Sun D: A Case-Based Approach to Contract Management
If you’re looking for some best practices in using case management enterprise-wide, make sure to attend the session covering how we use OnBase for case management across Hyland, with solutions in almost every department. And finally, a week at CommunityLIVE wouldn’t be complete without diving into the software itself – so we’ll be offering many chances for attendees to get their hands on the latest and greatest case management capabilities.
See you in Orlando next week!